7 Tips to Know When Visiting Whetstone Brewery
If you find yourself traveling to Vermont you need to make a pit-stop in the city of Brattleboro. If you do stop off head over to Whetstone Brewery located on the Vermont and New Hampshire border, literally. Trust us you won’t be disappointed. We’ve written this post with 7 tips you should know if you plan to visit.
- Location: Whetstone Brewery is located at 36 Bridge St. Brattleboro, VT.
- Parking: Whetstone offers a small parking lot at their location. However, across the street is a municipal parking lot with cheap parking rates. Lastly, if both lots are full you can find parking in the Brattleboro Co-op parking lot, just up the street from Whetstone.
- Atmosphere: When you walk in the front door you will notice a hostess stand directly in front of you. Straight ahead is the bar and to the left is tabletop seating. If you plan to dine and drink at a table you must see the hostess. However, if you’re like us you will head straight to the bar. The bar area is first come so grab a beverage hangout and wait for a seat to open up. During the summer they do have a deck with tabletop and bar seating. For tabletop service you need to see hostess but the outside bar seats are up for grabs. On some occasions people will linger but for the most part people eat, drink and move along. During the warmer months Whetstone offers a roof deck or as they say a Bier Garten. On the roof is plenty of seating and fire pits to keep warm on cool nights. Note, the roof deck has different options for beer and food. But the views are amazing.
- Pets/Kids: Because this establishment is a restaurant no pets are allowed. But feel free to bring the kids.
- Take Home Beer: Whetstone offers an extensive tap list however, you can only go home with crowlers of beer brewed by Whetstone so don’t ask if you can bring home some Hill Farmstead. We tried and got a firm NO!
- Food: The downstairs and bar area offer a full menu with plenty to choose from. The roof deck offers a limited menu. We’ve had food on both floors and they never disappoint.
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11:30am-10pm, Friday-Saturday 11:30am-11pm.
For more information